Harnett County Sheriff's Office Citizens Academy
The Harnett County Sheriff's Office Citizens Academy is an opportunity for citizens of Harnett County to attend a 12 week class to learn about your Sheriff's Office.
The classes are held once a week for 12 weeks on Tuesday nights from 6:00pm to 9:00pm at the Harnett County Sheriff's Office and one Saturday from 9:00am - 12:00pm.
One of the Tuesday nights will be held in Sanford, NC and one Saturday at the firing range on May 4th.
The class sizes are limited to 25 citizens. Couples are welcome to apply.
The next class will be held March 5th - May 14th 2019. (FULL)
Participants will receive tours of the Sheriff's Office, 911 communications center and the detention facility.
Participants will attend presentations given by:
- Sheriff's Office administration
- Detention administration
- E911 administration
- Patrol, School Resource Officers, Sex Offender Registration, Civil, CCW and Child Support Enforcement
- Crime Scene Investigations (practical) Latent Print Examinations
- Criminal Investigations
- Court Proceedings, Courthouse security
- Special Operations, Traffic squad and K-9 (demo)
- Firearms and Special Response Team (demo)
- Narcotics Investigations